Monday, March 19, 2007

Travelin' Thru

Tonight, Paul and I watched Transamerica. He hadn't seen it; I enjoyed when it saw it at Tara a few moons ago, and I thought all gays must see this movie just because it is what gays do (of course!). And of course Transamerica leads to a Dolly moment since she wrote "Travelin' Thru" for the movie at the request of director Duncan Tucker.



so beautiful...
God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain
Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain
Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening, keep me ever close to you
As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru

2 comments:

Montgomery Maxton said...

it is a great movie. felicity was amazing. dolly's song sums up the whole movie well, among other things.

Dustin Brookshire said...

I finally bought the movie last week or was it the week before that... it doesn't matter... the point is, I bought it, but I did buy the soundtrack first (all for the love of Dolly).

And "Travelin' Thru" should have won the Oscar!!!