Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Turn to page 123, find the fifth sentence

CK me tagged for a meme a week or three ago. I've been meaning to participate, but my web activities have pretty much been limited because I only have "medical stuff" in my office at work. In this meme, you pick up the work of fiction closest to you that has 123 pages or more, turn to page 123, find the fifth sentence, then post it and the next three sentences.

The air was already thick with cigarette smoke; Caroline produced a new pack from her purse and tore away the cellophane wrapper with unsteady hands.

"It's fucking hot out," Caroline said. "Our damn air conditioner is broken." She handed Judith a half-empty glass flask.
from The Space Between by Kali Van Baale

Let's hear from Lisa, Brent G, & Rick.

1 comment:

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Ah, but Lisa has posted her answer to this Meme...Check it out, uh, about uh, ten posts ago, or so...
Peace & HAPPY EASTER/SPRING EQUINOX!!!